Defensive Driving School
Defensive / Cooperative Driving
4 hour course + 1 hr Driving lesson $400
More than being a defensive driver, applying cooperative driving techniques keeps everyone safe.
The course includes a 1 hr individual driving lesson
The course reviews techniques of defensive and cooperative driving, avoiding preventable collisions.
Using IMPROVEMENT INSTITUTE’S FLOW driving techniques you learn:
- Vehicle dynamics
- Collision factors
- Assessment of driving skills
- Using the 3 Second rule for Space management
- Having an escape route to avoid danger.
- Demonstrate traffic flow strategies that avoid collision potential.
- Demonstrate sharing the road with all users.
- Traveling in the safest lane.
- Demonstrate a 360’ check while driving
- Close proximity maneuvering.
- Recognize road conditions and react accordingly.
- Completing a pre-trip and post trip inspection and why.
- 7 collision factors
- Winter topics: Winterize your car, Be Prepared & Slide control
- Collision avoidance
- Legal responsibilities
Call (250) 794-7991 to book your training
Defensive Driving and Cooperative Driver Courses run every month.